NEED HELP FINDING THE BEST DIET FOR YOUR BODY?
Use the best scientific research in genetic testing to help you eat right for your DNA.
Why use DNA Testing
DNA analysis is a growing field of science. New evidence comes to light every day about the meaning of specific genetic results and how they can help guide our lifestyle choices.
Now we have access to a new frontier of genetic testing which can tell you how to eat the right way for your DNA. Each person’s DNA is different so a diet that works for one person may not work for you.
A traditional trial-and-error approach to dieting can waste so much time. You might have to try several diets before you find one that works. And it can be extremely frustrating if you follow a strict diet, lose weight and then put it straight back on as soon as the diet’s over.
A MyDNA Nutrition Report can help you to find the right diet for you, for the long term. Teamed up with our Metabolic Test, you will be equipped with personalised calories and MACROs that will ensure you reach your goals.
WHAT DOES THE TEST GIVE ME?
- An insight into 37 genes
- information on your weight management, taste preference and food response, heart health, vitamins and other nutrients, fitness and exercise
- Personalised recommendations at an easy to understand consult with one of our experts
HOW DO I GET THE TEST?
It couldn’t be simpler. At our Crows Nest or North Sydney clinic you will swab the inside of your cheek, then we seal, register and send the sample to a laboratory in Melbourne.
Within 4 weeks your results will return back to us. We’ll let you know when your report is ready.
At the results appointment, we spend 30mins explaining your findings and how you can use the results to get you to your ideal weight and achieve your goals in a realistic time frame.
You will a 79 page PDF report emailed to you.
WHAT DOES IT MEASURE?
Scientific credibility is the foundation of MyDNA
THE SCIENCE BEHIND MyDNA
- Worldwide research is evaluated by MyDNA’s team of qualified professionals
- Testing for new genes is only introduced once there is adequate evidence
- Advice is based on international evidence and peer-reviewed published studies
Led by experts
The clinical team includes genetic scientists, physicians, genetic counsellors, PhD scientists, nutritionists and dieticians that:
- Keep up-to-date with all the latest research and genetic literature
- Carefully read, evaluate and filter all emerging global evidence
- Are specialists in their subject matter, such as diet and lifestyle decisions
- Provide practical recommendations based on the genetic tests results
- Recommend all choices based on MyDNA reports are made in consultation with a healthcare professional
kit will include a fitness, exercise and caffeine report.
FITNESS AND EXERCISE GENES
How your genes determine your workout.
Get 7 genes tested for your ultimate training plan and ultimate body composition.
Learn about your: muscle power, muscle energy, flexibility, recovery time, muscle strength, endurance and injury risk.
Your genetic Fitness Report includes:
- If your muscles are better suited to explosive or endurance workouts.
- Genetic potential for developing slow and fast twitch muscle fibres.
- Levels of aerobic stamina.
- Injury risks.
- How fast you can recover from workouts.
- Whether your genetic type is common among elite athletes.
The test will measure 4 genes. Get insight into:
- The speed your body metabolises caffeine.
- How caffeine disrupts your sleep.
- How long caffeine stays in your body.
- If you can boost your caffeine metabolism with specific foods
THE REPORT DOES NOT PROVIDE:
The report will not provide any ‘silver bullet’ solution to weight management but will provide insights to help you make more informed decisions based on your genes. Lifestyle and environment factors also play an important role in weight management.
The report does not provide specific dietary recommendations for celiac disease, diabetics, pregnant/ breastfeeding women or people with any other health conditions. We encourage our customers to take the report to a healthcare professional for such advice.