DEXA is the greatest tool you can have to get your ideal body.
WHAT OUR DEXA SCANNER MEASURES FOR YOU:
- Total body fat mass
- Total body muscle mass
- Your visceral fat levels*
- Intramuscular fat**
- Total bone mineral density
- Regional breakdowns – Trunk, left/right arms, left/right legs
* Visceral fat is the bad fat around your organs that causes chronic diseases ** Intramuscular fat is the fat between muscles!
WHAT DOES THIS MEAN FOR YOU?
By getting an accurate baseline body composition measurement, our experts at Body Measure can calculate:
- Ideal body weight
- Ideal body fat percentage
- The fastest time you can achieve your goals
WHAT HAPPENS AFTER MY DEXA SCAN?
Your DEXA scan results are immediate so whether it is the 1st or your 10th scan, our experts at Body Measure will always do a full consultation. We will explain your DEXA scan results, listen to your body composition goals and help to create measurable, realistic goals you can achieve.
Body Measure DEXA scans typically take 6 minutes. Our experts will then:
- Calculate Your total body fat
- Calculate Your total lean tissue mass
- Calculate your body fat percentage
- Identify your visceral fat
- Identify your intramuscular fat
- Determine your bone density
Our experts will then listen to your personal goals about your body composition and then calculate your ideal weight, ideal body fat percentage, and the fastest most realistic time you can achieve your goals.
Your second scan at Body Measure is critical for your success.
Our experts at Body Measure will determine:
- If you have lost body fat and how much
- If you have gained or lost muscle
- Determine your fat to muscle loss or gain ratios
- The best time to get your follow up scan is identified at your consult, depending on your scan results and composition goals.
This is often where we measure the greatest body composition changes in our clients. The time between the second and the third scan depends on the findings from the first two DEXA scans and your personal body composition goals.
Information from the first two scans are used to get maximum results on your third scan!
From here we continue as normal, until the ideal body fat percentage is achieved, or we reset new goals.
Clients often go from weight loss to lean tissue building at this stage.
FAT TO MUSCLE RATIOS
FOR CLIENTS THAT WANT WEIGHT LOSS
For our clients that wish to lose body fat, knowing the fat to muscle loss ratio is critical. When humans lose body weight, they typically lose fat and muscle, the ratio of which is extremely important to your success. Surprisingly as humans lose weight, even if they work out at the gym and even if they consume a lot of protein, will still often lose muscle mass. At Body Measure, by doing thousands of scans, we have determined the optimal fat to muscle loss ratio for our clients.
By knowing this ratio during your weight loss journey, our experts at Body Measure can give advice on how to make changes to maximise fat loss and minimise muscle loss.
FOR CLIENTS THAT WANT TO GAIN MUSCLE
If your goal is to gain muscle, the fat to muscle ratio is equally important. Time and time again our experts at Body Measure see muscle gain come with unacceptable amounts of fat gain. By knowing fat to muscle ratio as you work out to gain muscle mass, our experts can give advice to maximise muscle gain whilst minimising fat gain.
Once clients have achieved their body composition goals, we advise one or two DEXA scans per year to ensure fat mass, lean tissue and bone density are all within the ranges to maintain the body that you desire.
At this stage, many clients pick new body composition goals and discuss these with our experts.