DNA MACRO testing now available at Body Measure.
NEED HELP FINDING THE BEST DIET FOR YOUR BODY?
Use the best scientific research in genetic testing to help you eat right for your DNA.
- Testing 7 genes can help you find the right diet for you
- A simple cheek swab is all it takes
- You receive personalized results with clear, easy-to-action advice
- Tested at an accredited and secure laboratory in Melbourne
- Your DNA and test results are completely secure
WHY USE DNA TESTING?
DNA analysis is a growing field of science. New evidence comes to light every day about the meaning of specific genetic results and how they can help guide our lifestyle choices.
Now we have access to a new frontier of genetic testing which can tell you how to eat the right way for your DNA. Each person’s DNA is different so a diet that works for one person may not work for you.
A traditional trial-and-error approach to dieting can waste so much time. You might have to try several diets before you find one that works. And it can be extremely frustrating if you follow a strict diet, lose weight and then put it straight back on as soon as the diet’s over.
A MyDNA Nutrition Report can help you to find the right diet for you, for the long term. Teamed up with our Metabolic Test, you will be equipped with personalised calories and MACROs that will ensure you reach your goals.
WHAT DOES THE TEST GIVE ME?
- The best and most specific diet for you
- Serving sizes for meals
- Menu plans for meals
- An easy to understand consult with one of our experts who will interpret your personalised genetic findings
WHAT DOES IT MEASURE?
These 7 specific genes help determine your weight and overall health factors to help customise a MACRO plan precisely for you.
WEIGHT, APPETITE & OBESITY
The FTO gene is linked to body size, body fat storage, and obesity.
The APOA5 gene contributes to the regulation of triglyceride levels in the blood.
The PPARG gene facilitates the fat storage process after consuming excess calories, saving for future energy needs.
The ADIPOQ gene is involved in fat burning and helps to control energy levels.
BODY SIZE AND WEIGHT REGAIN
The MTIF3 gene has been linked to increased body size, which is measured as Body Mass Index (BMI) and also to regain of weight after dieting.
CHOLESTEROL AND TRIGLYCERIDE LEVELS
The LIPC gene is involved in the way your body processes and breaks down dietary fats.
FATTY ACIDS PROCESSING
The FADS1 gene is specifically involved in the processing and production of unsaturated omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acid types.
As a special limited edition offer your kit will include a fitness and caffeine report.
How your genes determine your workout.
Get 7 genes tested for your ultimate training plan and ultimate body composition.
Learn about your: muscle power, muscle energy, flexibility, recovery time, muscle strength, endurance and injury risk.
Your genetic Fitness Report includes:
- If your muscles are better suited to explosive or endurance workouts
- Genetic potential for developing slow and fast twitch muscle fibres
- Levels of aerobic stamina
- Injury risks
- How fast you can recover from workouts
- Whether your genetic type is common among elite athletes
8 WEEK PROGRAM
The gene results are combined to create exercise recommendations tailored for you. This includes exercise demonstration videos, schedules training and recovery days, specific exercise sets, reps and rest duration. Your personalised 8-week workout plan, along with DEXA scan and MACRO test will get you to the fastest results possible.
The test will measure 4 genes. Get insight into:
- The speed your body metabolises caffeine
- How caffeine disrupts your sleep
- How long caffeine stays in your body
- If you can boost your caffeine metabolism with specific foods
HOW DO I GET THE TEST?
It couldn’t be simpler. At our Crows Nest clinic you will swab the inside of your cheek, then we seal, register and send the sample to a laboratory in Melbourne.
Within 4 weeks your results will return back to us. We’ll let you know when your report is ready.
At the results appointment, we spend 15 mins explaining your findings, how to use the Explore portal at MyDNA and how to track your personalised MACROs to get you to your ideal weight and achieve your goals in a realistic timeframe.
You will have ongoing access to your results on the Explore MyDNA portal.
THE SCIENCE BEHIND MyDNA
Scientific credibility is the foundation of MyDNA. This integrity is rigorously maintained, MyDNA is:
- Worldwide research is evaluated by MyDNA’s team of qualified professionals
- Testing for new genes is only introduced once there is adequate evidence
- Advice is based on international evidence and peer-reviewed published studies
Led by experts
The clinical team includes genetic scientists, physicians, genetic counsellors, PhD scientists, nutritionists and dieticians that:
- Keep up-to-date with all the latest research and genetic literature
- Carefully read, evaluate and filter all emerging global evidence
- Are specialists in their subject matter, such as diet and lifestyle decisions
- Provide practical recommendations based on the genetic tests results
- Recommend all choices based on MyDNA reports are made in consultation with a healthcare professional
TO RECAP THE REPORT INCLUDES:
- The report will identify your results for seven key genes which have an influence on; weight and appetite, fat storage, your risk of elevated triglycerides and your ability to breakdown fat.
- The report includes advice for the most appropriate diet, based on your genetic results. This recommended diet is based on scientific evidence matched to your genetic type.
- The report provides a food guide, your recommended nutritional breakdown and portion sizes based on your genetic profile.
THE REPORT DOES NOT PROVIDE:
- The report will not provide any ‘silver bullet’ solution to weight management but will provide insights to help you make more informed decisions based on your genes. Lifestyle and environment factors also play an important role in weight management.
The report does not provide specific dietary recommendations for celiac disease, diabetics, pregnant/ breastfeeding women or people with any other health conditions. We encourage our customers to take the report to a healthcare professional for such advice.